Program leader Innovation
Senior Process/Chemical Engineer
Development of new technologies and improvement of existing practices related to the development and manufacturing of synthetic peptides & oligonucleotides and associated intermediates, starting materials and reagents.
This position is part of the innovation team of the PolyPeptide Group.
Direct report to the Global Director Innovation & Technology of PolyPeptide Group.
Management of innovation projects for the development of new technologies and for the improvement of the existing practices used for the development and the production of synthetic peptides and oligonucleotides
- Development and integration of new practices and new technologies
- Listen to the needs of our internal customers (development, production, analytics…), follow market trends and scientific literature. Identification of the opportunities to improve the performance of our operations
- Proactivity to identify new innovation opportunities able to generate an improvement of the performance compared to existing practices, propose new solutions and new services
- Lead a set of innovation programs, as part of the innovation strategy of the PolyPeptide Group. Based on the high-level target, set the program and lead the corresponding activity, using both internal and external resources. Coordinate the priorities together with the innovation team, coordinate the activity, using the competences available to support the program.
- Take part to innovation programs and contribute to the development of new practices & technologies, using his/her specific competences and experiences within a pluridisciplinary team
- Follow subcontracted innovation activities and external collaborations, participate in the definition of the program, follow the project (scientific program, budget, planning) and analyze the results to optimize the value-creation for the Group
- Deploy the results of the innovation projects on the different sites of the Group to optimize the implementation and the return on investment. Support the local organizations to facilitate the deployment of innovation, coordinate and share the gained experience between sites
- Promote innovation through oral and written communications, internally and externally
- Strong interaction with the Global Innovation team, using the complementary expertise (peptide chemistry, downstream expertise, process expertise, analytics) to develop the best solutions to serve the need of the PolyPeptide organization
- Scientific curiosity, proactivity to identify new opportunities, openness to explore new fields
- Pragmatism in the development and deployment of the obtained results
- Leadership and organization for the management of R&D projects
- Listen to the needs of the internal customers (development, production…)
- PhD Process / Chemical engineering
- Experience in the development of green chemistry
- Basic experience of the constraints of a pharma environment (GMP)
- Experience in peptide/oligonucleotide synthesis
- Competences in organic chemistry
Experience : ideally 5 years in a R&D / Engineering environment